Wednesday 11 May 2011

What's the plan? o.O

So I while I sit her patiently, wait for this throbbing shoulder pain to evaporate, I realize typing on this keyboard won't help my cause.... Regardless, I shall write through this night.


Plans Never Helped Me. I hope they've been kind enough to you folks.
But me? We prefer lying on the two ends of the spectrum.
 You can't blame the innocent offspring of a mother who got married at 18 and a father who ran off from his hometown to become an actor in the 90's. You will observe no possible sense of planning in these decisions.
I haven't really taken those kind of risks. Yet. But I know for a fact that what I did yesterday has no relevance to what I did today and what I am doing at this moment may or may not be relevant tomorrow. I get the 'Go with the Flow' idea better.

What I don't get is how SO MANY friends my age have this perfect structured plan of how they will give these 1293382030 number of entrance exams and somehow they may or may not secure a seat in one of these "Educational institutes" and then get the perfect job they've ever wished for and earn enough money to eventually reproduce their clones and see history repeat itself all over again.

Its all in front of me...The way they think, it is the way their parents have programmed them to... And they don't even know it yet. The plan already bores the fuck out of me. Imagine living the plan!?!

Maybe I'm a little envious of them all... for knowing what they want, for having a fixed goal to chase after and not being distracted by the world in all its grime and glory.Maybe all this mindless banter is just another disguised way of convincing myself that this year isn't going to be such a risque drag after all ....or maybe it will be just that.
Yes, you heard right. I've decided to skip this year of college. Is it the genetic programming or just natural instinct that's directing me towards this decision? Well, I don't know.

But I do know one thing and that is the last two years have been shorter than all the previous years that I have ever lived.. It took me a train ride from Malad to Churchgate and back and I was done with my junior college or whatever that blur was called.Something was amiss. Majorly Amiss.

I held my mom's attention for a long time when I told her this... also my dad's...on different occasions.
And somewhere,beyond all the practical mentality that told them I may be going a little off the common track and not doing the expected, they gladly agreed to give me the freedom to make my own choices. Good or Bad? That's for me to decide.

So now whenever I have relatives, friends or friend's parents ask me with eerily ballooning eyes ..
o.O
What's the plan?

I say I don't have one and just hope it makes sense to them. 
They probably will think how today's generation is so unambitious,misled, confused or plain lazy. 

Surprisingly, their looks and the thoughts behind them don't unnerve me anymore. Its like I've made peace with myself and the fact that society doesn't really figure in my life at the moment.
In my mind I've already imagined myself backpacking to Ladakh, camping a stone's throw away from the Pangong Lake while some of them here slowly but unknowingly kill themselves with monotony and pollution.
Travelling, singing, reading and grooming myself for what lies ahead of my 18th year... and I hope I finally am able to find my Dog a girlfriend, So he won't feel lonely anymore. 

So I am taking some time off.... My 18th year... Hoping this blog will help me maintain the Narcissistic Pig within me. :p
Inspiration, Motivation, Happy people,Shoes,Stationery,Peace, Some golf courses maybe... at the moment I want some juicy Mangoes.
Ladakh- For Shizz yo! :D



P.s : If you're happy and you know it clap your hands.
        *clap clap* To my first post!

10 comments:

  1. hey disha! this post is really awesome..:D made me smile and actually think about how i feel something so similar and how youve beautifully put it across! will be waiting for more :) keep writing!

    -shreya shetty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got guts, Disha. Just one advice, please carry a Tata Docomo 3G Stick with you. Blog from each and every place you visit! :D

    -Tanuj.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! that will be my next customer based step! I'm glad you're reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dee-saw.
    :)
    Loved the post.
    Everyone seems to get sucked into the big plan and end up being mindless cattle,driven by anything and everything except for their own dreams. :/

    P.S-Can I come with you?Backpacking? :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. amzing ! tht is what i feel at times and its good to know thr are a few who feel the same :)

    P.S: Can i come backpacking too? :P
    good luck x

    -Sanjana S

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems you already have a plan and that is not to have a plan :)..if life was a planned journey ...then God would have handed all of us a blueprint instead of a birth certificate when we came to this world ...we make our life and we make our world our own by living it the way it makes us happy ....go for it ..live life the way you want to cause it is a part of the master plan :)

    A Friend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes Samar! Doing just that! :) thanks for reading!

    @sanjana and sid: both are welcome to come along ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. good going girl...will be waiting for more..
    Happy 18th year and many more ;)

    ReplyDelete

Rating-Widget

We Read, Therefore We Are.

Followers

Search This Blog